Open until filled.
Salary is DOE
This position will support the financial management and operations of the Credit Union through
maintenance of accounting records and reports. An accounting position requiring sound knowledge of
accounts payable processing, general ledger transactions, balancing and reconciliations. Processes a
variety of general ledger entries and performs various support functions as required as a part of the
accounting and record keeping function of the credit union. Work is performed under minimal supervision
and in accordance with established procedures. Works in conjunction with the others in the Accounting
Department to ensure timelines are achieved. Courses and/or training may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities and Expectations: Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Performs various accounts payable functions, including reviewing, resolving and coding invoices,
- Entering payments, and balancing company credit card statements.
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks
- Monthly/Quarterly updates of Credit Union expense spending
- Prepare various accounting entries to general ledger, analyze GL entries, balance and verify GL accounts daily, and reconciles as needed.
- Will process various accounting functions, such as processing payrolls, other account reconciliations, deferred expenses and other accounting functions.
- Prepares reimbursements according to credit union policies and procedures.
- Prepares moderately complex spreadsheets, charts and graphs as part of problem solving and/or reporting requests.
- Process monthly charge off for board of director’s report
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Post and balance pre-paid, fixed assets and investments.
- Produce various reports and statements
- Month end preparation
- Prepare and maintain auditing documents
- Provide assistance and support to staff and members regarding various account transactions
- Assist in all areas of accounting for department coverage and back up various tasks
- Obtain and maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services, this includes answering basic member inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies. Coordinate with other departments and refer members to departments/personnel providing specialized services as necessary.
- Obtain, maintain and follow up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all Credit Union related policies, procedures, rules and regulations, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Lending, Know Your Member, robbery, safety and security procedures.
- Represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner with all people including fellow employees, members, management, board members and outside vendors.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Completes required courses as assigned for ongoing compliance and continuing education.
- Report to work on time each scheduled day.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two to five years of similar or related experience preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Related work experience may substitute for education
- Proficiency with accounting software, Excel, Word, and other business applications.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial services industry.
Click Apply Now to fill out an employment application. A resume is also required and can be emailed to [email protected] A full application pacakge includes employment application and resume in order to be considered for the position.